Friday, February 2, 2007

Finding the Missing

There are three categories of images for this project.

  • In the missing pile are newspaper mentions of pictures that once existed or engravings drawn from daguerreotypes. I'm looking for the original image or at least a photographic copy of them.
  • On the positive side are all the found pictures. By contacting historical societies and libraries, I've been able to locate photographs of vets, their wives/widows and their kids. Each and every one of these discoveries is a pleasant surprise. In a few cases, I've been able to attach tentative identifications to previously unidentified images.
  • Then there is my wish list. In this category are photographs I hope were taken and are just mislaid.This includes those last living vets and their wives.
If you can help me locate photos, please send me an email at photodetective@gmail.com

No comments: